Thursday 28 May 2015

Nicaraguan markets

So, who doesn't enjoy shopping? :)
One of the first things I do on my trips is locate the best local markets to check out the food scene and what’s on offer.  It’s the place where you can learn the most about people and their culture. While traveling, you get stimulated in many ways. The first is eyes, then you hear something new, then you smell something funny, well, whatever. Markets in developing countries still have this wild way and functioning like an organism itself. It is the place to get by cheaper, but also, you have the feeling that the whole village is there. Maybe this is almost true, and for hours everyday the markets are full and everybody sells something. You can get breakfast or lunch, go wild and overdose yourself on vitamins and fruits, witness slaughter of chicken, get dirty, enjoy the wonderful world of spices and herbs, buy special herbs, chat with the locals, meet a culture and in this time of instant traveling and gringo pollution have a feeling that you actually traveled somewhere.




As the uploaded pics doesn't meet the quality that I uploaded, please click on the pic and scroll the thousand words.






























Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles around..since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality..






















An amazing fruit, the Guanabana.







No comments:

Post a Comment